Xcel Magazine

Hello everyone,

2013 has already started off with a bang! In addition to freelance work with SCAD, I have been teaching cartooning classes and offering private lessons for kids. Although teaching can be incredibly useful for learning, I don't have much to show for it, which is partly why the blog has been to sparse on updates. I have been working on side-projects, but many of them are long-term endeavors that I am not ready to reveal at this time. I have been making good progress and hope to share some things soon.

What I can share is my work for the Xcel magazine called The Network. It was created to help increase Xcel's exposure and share their message with local businesses in Savannah. I helped illustrate and plan the incorporation of text into the illustrations. Hope you enjoy!




In the magazine, this illustration was  used as a vingette
 for an article about the Xcel Network. The writing at the top was 
replaced by the text of the article, and I thought it looked pretty sharp,
since the text also pointed down towards the man in the center. 


The following three images were used to explain the story of the rocket,
and it employs the original drawings I did for Xcel's teaching curriculum. 




 There is more to come from Xcel and other projects. I hope your 2013 is off to a good, productive start and that you are heading for new, exciting places.


No comments: